Babu Healthcare Advocates is a firm mainly dedicated to assisting health care professionals, and patients navigate the complex healthcare delivery system in order to access medically necessary healthcare services and treatments.
Our work includes but is not limited to:
- Advocating for medically necessary healthcare services and treatments.
- Educating and equipping healthcare professionals and patients with laws and regulations that are pertinent in accessing medically necessary healthcare services and treatments, as well as ensuring fair and timely provider payments.
- Educating healthcare professionals and patients on effective clinical appeal and claim dispute strategies.
- Policy review, interpretation and implementation to ensure adequate access to medically necessary healthcare services and treatments.
- Working with policymakers in enacting laws that are in the consumer’s best interest.
- Working with regulatory oversight bodies and health insurance companies to find solutions to complex healthcare challenges that present barriers to access to care.
Our mission is to ensure that all Californians seeking healthcare services and or treatments, including the most vulnerable population of residents and the marginalized receive timely access to the care and or treatment they are in need of.
A Note from Our Founder:
Welcome to our firm.
I created this space sort of as a dare to myself and my healthcare colleagues to simply do more in ensuring improper denials are a thing of the past.
In 2017, I found myself facing what undoubtedly changed the way I show up to work each and every day. At the time, I was a Sr. Compliance Director at a leading Managed Service Organization serving millions of California patients. What started off as a normal summer day, turned out to be one of the most eye-opening days of my career, as I was faced with information that ultimately meant that the company I worked for, had intentionally and improperly denied healthcare services to millions of patients. A practice that had taken place for 10 plus years. The magnitude of the case was simply astounding. It was then that I knew what real advocacy meant as I quickly and urgently moved into patient advocacy mode. In a matter of weeks, and with the help of the California Department of Managed Health Care, all the millions of patients impacted were re-directed to new healthcare service plans where they could finally access the care they were in need of.
What did this experience teach me?
Well, first of all, I learned that the true measure of a leader is not so much what we do when it’s business as usual, but rather, what we do in the face of challenging circumstances.
I also learned oh so well that behind every member or patient ID, is a human being worthy of the care and treatment we would give our very own loved ones.
I learned that “looking the other way,” is simply not an option especially when someone’s life depends on it.
I also learned the power of advocacy, and how important laws and regulations are in ensuring justice for those who are in need of justice.
That brings me to why the firm exists.
Babu Healthcare Advocates was birthed out of great pain and a strong strong desire to make things right and ultimately bring a solution to the very pervasive problem of improper healthcare denials that cause massive delays or hinder a patient’s ability to access needed healthcare services or treatments and in many cases, are detrimental to the patient’s health and well being.
I want to thank you for trusting our firm and for stopping by!